Supplementary conditions for designer
As a designer and owner of a contentDock® user account, you can offer EDIT the project templates that you create as design templates for sale so that they can be offered to other customers of contentDock® in the template library - either free of charge or subject to charge.
Permission for use, grant of rights
By selling a design template to EDIT, you grant EDIT:
- the irrevocable, basic and non-exclusive right to use the content and functions provided in the design template within the scope of contentDock®; EDIT can transfer this right to the customers of contentDock® subject to charge, if any. Additional EDIT can also transfer this right to customers for the purpose of sub-licensing.
- the irrevocable right to edit imported design templates by using the contentDock® Wireframer app; EDIT can also transfer this right to the customers of contentDock® for their projects or for projects of their costumers (e.g. agencies).
The designer ensures that he/she is the owner of all rights regarding the content provided by him/her in order to grant them to EDIT, also for the purpose of sub-licensing subject to charge. In addition, the designer ensures that his/her content does not violate any statutory or other applicable provisions and regulations in the respective region.
The user of a design template purchased in the template library shall not be allowed to offer this template as a design template in contentDock® as his/her own original piece of work or as a piece of work that he/she has worked on. This is to protect the designer’s copyrights as best as possible.
The content visible in the preview of the design templates in the template library such as images, texts, video and audio files will be automatically replaced by a placeholder during import. This is intended to exclude any risk of violation of law, in particular the risk of violation of third-party rights, on the part of the user.
Template selling process
The designer creates a project template in the contentDock® Wireframer app and offers EDIT this template for sale as a design template in the contentDock® management system in the Publish section. The designer deter-mines the price for his/her services subject to charge individually and at his/her own discretion.
EDIT checks the designer’s offer and then proceeds as follows:
- If EDIT wants to accept the offer, the designer will be informed accordingly by email and will be requested to send an invoice.
- If EDIT wants to accept the offer under certain circumstances, the designer will be informed accordingly by email. The designer can edit the design template and offer it again for sale to EDIT. If EDIT wants to accept the offer, the designer will be informed accordingly by email and will be requested to send an invoice.
- If EDIT does not want to accept the offer, the designer will be informed accordingly by email.